Saturday, July 23, 2011

Jeenode + VG400 moisture sensor up and running



I got the Jeenodes and the VG400 moisture sensor a while ago, but tonight I finally had some time to look at it.

The Arduino environment, which I have never used before, was surprisingly easy to use. I just connected the VG400 to the board wrote a couple of lines to read the input from the analog IO pin and there was a working moisture sensor. Almost too easy, and cheap, about 40 Euros (or $60) for the sensor and the jeenode together.

After I got the sensor working I verified that I got could communicate wirelessly between two nodes.

The next step is to write the code for sending/receiving data, using the existing libraries, and get a better understand for what you can do to minimize power consumption, which I guess it wise to do before using batteries to power this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment